It’s always important to remember that when it comes to setting goals, they must be plausible. I’ve never agreed with other goal oriented sentiments like…Shoot for the stars so if you fail, you’ve still reached the moon. That’s like setting an unattainable goal and then being satisfied with second-best.
Therefore, I’m going to set some very logical and sane goals for myself for 2014.
- Finish my novel The First Light
- Get a second novel completed
- Get a short story up on Amazon and Nook each month.
- Increase my platform; maybe even figure out Pinterest and other services.
- I will market my work as an Indie author and take a stab at the traditional route.
Goal number 5 is important to note. Notice that I am only going to try the traditional route. My goal is not to definitely find a publisher. That would make my goal dependent upon the decisions of a nameless, faceless stranger.
What are your writing goals for 2014?